Wednesday, December 06, 2006

FullTilt pulls a switcharoo

So I've been really getting into these FullTilt doublestack tournaments which allow for a pretty good amount of skill to be utilized. Last night after my high finish I decided to jump right in to another tournament which was $75 buyin and 231 people. I managed to work my way through the field until there was 21 people left. People who play tournaments alot are aware you usually find yourself in quite a few "race" situations where you have a pair vs an opponents overcards or vice versa. In this tournament I found myself in no such situations so didn't have a need to "get lucky" until my last hand... which should tell you how it ended. I am pretty short stacked at this point although the average stack size is still in pretty safe territory. I look at my screen and pick up a pretty big hand, JJ. The pot got raised before me and I decided to push and then someone overcalled and the original raiser called. The hands were AK vs KQ vs JJ giving me a 45% shot at taking down a triple up pot to get me in contention for the big $. Well an ace came on the river and I headed for the door after barely squeaking into the money.

Despite how that tournament ended, I was really looking forward to playing more of these types of tournaments but FullTilt totally changed their tournament schedule and games around today. The good pickins for tournaments is now very slim and I'm left bummed out. I tried a 45 man $22 buy in only to find out that now only the starting chips stack was half like I expected but the blind levels were twice as fast! This tournament quickly became an all out all in fest after about an hour. Sufficed to say, I need to find a new site to play my tournaments on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home