Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pot Limit Omaha is amaaaaazing!

Again I apologize for lack of updates. I'm not sure what will get me posting regularly. Anyways, I was playing $2/5 No Limit Holdem on Sunday over at the Venetian. I was down a couple hundred when the table broke and there since it was 8am Monday morning, the room was basically now dead. There was a $1/2 table running with a donator (ie fish giving away money) so I got on the list for that. In the meantime, I looked over at the only other table running and it happened to be Pot Limit Omaha (PLO). I've never played PLO before live, but I wanted to here. Only problem was that the game was running with $5/10 blinds which is pretty big and over my comfort level. I sat and watched the table for for a round and wow did it look juicy (ie really bad players), so I just had to take a shot. I bought in for short for $500 and most people at the table had between $2k and $10k in front of them. After 11 hours of play with possibly the worst PLO players ever, I cashed out pretty well. Two of the players had actually never played PLO before... like ever... and it really showed. One of them kept forgetting that you needed to play 2 cards from your hand. I hope to find more games like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home